Assistant Operations Manager
The Asst Ops manager will report to the Operations manager and have supervisory responsibilities with the Installers.
- Leads and coaches team and holds them accountable against metrics.
- Assists in providing operational counsel to employees with emphasis on production, costs, safety, environmental issues, technology and production capabilities.
- Supports implementation of new technology, methods policies and procedures.
- Maintains complete, updated and accurate inventory of materials.
- Manages fleet of vehicles including repairs and maintenance.
- Compiles and produces reporting, as needed.
- Assists in conducting on-site evaluations of safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Leads or participate in company training, safety meetings and other meetings and events as directed.
- Creates / revises installation/production and priorities as a result of manpower, equipment failure, operating problems, weather conditions, client needs and other factors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-high school education (2 or 4 year degree in Operations Management, Business or related field) or equivalent experience
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience working with OSHA standards.
- Ability to use and maintain hand and power tools.
- Ability to work up to 7 days a week and holidays, as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including ability to present in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to deliver under pressure, despite ambiguity and complexity, by managing competing priorities, resolving conflict, and overcoming obstacles to progress.
- Able to think things through & develop processes that contribute to enhanced organizational efficiency.
- Self-starter with an ability to organize, prioritize and clarify deliverables.
- Able to partner successfully with internal and external groups.