Manager - Quality Assurance
Desired Skills and Experience
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages):
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licence (CAR66- AMEL),and/or a Bachelor degree in Aircraft Engineering/Aeronautical/Auditing or equivalent;
- Alternately, a diploma or certificate in the related field and/or ATPL (Airline Transport Pilot License - more than 3000 FH)
- Must have completed formal aeronautical maintenance training if it was not his/her major.
- Must be eligible for approval by the Civil Aviation as Manager Quality Assurance "Post Holder".
- Certificates related to Auditing, Quality Assurance and/or Compliance such as IOSA or ISO - Lead Assessor are highly desirable and some may be treated as conditional for this role.
- Project Management certificate or alternately the proven corresponding working experience is nice to have.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel and PowerPoint), Internet and Web Search.
- Excellent command over both written and verbal communication skills: reporting, presentations, etc
- 8+ years of working experience in different disciplines in the aviation/airline industry, with a minimum of 4 years at least leading the "Quality Assurance" or "Compliance" function; low cost airline experience is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge in Civil Aviation and regulatory bodies' rules and regulations and requirements pertaining to Flight Operations, Ground Operations, Flight Training, and Engineering Maintenance: policies, procedures, manuals, certification, and licensing.
- General knowledge in ICAO ISARPS.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in airline documentation and records control systems.
- Aircrafts technical knowledge and relative exposure to aircrafts maintenance is a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge and working exposure to Safety and Security functional requirements and measures in airlines; knowledgeable in internal/external audit practices.
- Experienced in managing the continuing airworthiness of aircrafts in line with Authorities, Manufacturers, and OEMs standard requirements.
- Experienced in designing and implementing policies, procedures and manuals as per business needs and in line with adopted regulations and approved quality standards.
- Influential at all levels including internal and external parties; experienced in managing relationships at work place and managing a diverse team of people (Skills/Experience).
- Proven skills in analysing data, identifying pitfalls and recommending corrective measures.
- Cost-oriented, possesses effective problem solving and decision making skills.
- High accuracy and attention to both results and details