Senior Engineer, Android/Remote
About the job
Surprise.com is on a mission to help people make a positive impact on themselves, their teams, and their communities. Our flagship product, Surprise for Teams™, is the world’s first and only SuccessOS™. Surprise for Teams makes it fun and irresistible to perform better, which creates a positive, long-lasting impact on people and their organizations.
What will you be doing?
- Making our product better, stronger, and faster;
- Working with our backend team to zero in on the APIs you need;
- Working with our design team to implement a world-class UX on our mobile platform;
- Helping our product team to establish what and when we need to ship on mobile;
- Keeping up to date on the latest features available for Android and deciding what can be utilized to make your code wonderful;
- Shipping the best code you can and helping other developers through code review and mentorship.
What we are looking for?
- Strong knowledge of Android development with 5+ years of experience;
- Android development experience in Kotlin;
- Android development experience in Java;
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs with Retrofit2;
- Experience in managing Room databases;
- Knowledge of kotlin dependencies injection framework;
- Experience with kotlin-coroutines;
- Experience with android view models;
- Experience with android live data;
- Experience with navigation component;
- Experience with automated unit and user story testing;
- A collaborative mindset with strong communication ability;
- A creative mind that can help us discover new ways to apply technology to the problems that we are solving.
What skills will come in handy?
- Experience with libgdx;
- A background in Computer Science, or at least an understanding of algorithms;
- Knowledge of how to implement the designs that you and the design team build;
- Google play distribution and app testing;
- Experience building React native apps;
- Experience building complicated custom view and animations;
- Experience in video data managing using Android api or external libraries;
- Experience working within a geographically dispersed team;
- Demonstrated ability to expertly manage conflicting priorities;
- High-bandwidth, high-energy, competitive, and creative individual;
- Driven to outperform; dedicated to self-improvement.