Lead Engineer, iOS /Remote
About the job
Surprise.com is on a mission to help people make a positive impact on themselves, their teams, and their communities. Our flagship product, Surprise for Teams™, is the world’s first and only SuccessOS™. Surprise for Teams makes it fun and irresistible to perform better, which creates a positive, long-lasting impact on people and their organizations.
To deliver on our very lofty goals, we need engineers with industry-defining talent and an unrestrained drive to deliver flawless results. This role offers tremendous opportunities to build a highly scalable, highly stable, easily maintainable back-end architecture; push the boundaries of fault-tolerant programming, and work with a broad range of public and proprietary APIs.
What will you be doing?
- Making our product better, stronger, faster;
- Working with our API team to provide you with the APIs that you need;
- Working with our Design team to implement great UX on the mobile platform;
- Helping the Product organization figure out what to ship on mobile, and when;
- Keeping up to date on the latest features available in iOS, and deciding which ones to use to make your code wonderful;
- Shipping the best code you can, and helping other developers through code review and mentorship.
What are we looking for?
- iOS development experience in Swift or Objective-C;
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs as your data source;
- Experience with automated unit and user story testing;
- A collaborative mindset with strong communication ability;
- A creative mind that can help us discover new ways to apply technology to the problems that we are solving.
What skills will come in handy?
- A background in Computer Science, or at least an understanding of algorithms;
- Enough of a front-end eye to implement the designs that you and the design team build;
- App store distribution and beta testing;
- Experience building for other Apple platforms (Watch, etc);
- Experience working within a geographically dispersed team;
- Demonstrated ability to expertly manage conflicting priorities;
- High-bandwidth, high-energy, competitive, and creative individual;
- Driven to outperform; dedicated to self-improvement.