We work with EMEA 'start up' and 'early stage' companies, as well as established businesses – typically companies that are planning to make between 10-150 hires a year.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO WORK IN A HIGH VISABILITY ROLE WITHIN AN ORGANISATION THAT REWARDS YOU ON YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS?
DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE IN BUILDING OUT AUTOMATION FRAMEWORKS? Great!
Please read on as we may have the Opportunity for you!
Reporting to the VP of Software Engineering, you will be responsible for establishing the vision and direction for Quality Assurance, and for directing the day-to-day operations of the teams that perform software testing.
This includes 2-4 direct reports in Montreal and India, as well as vendor-supplied QA resources in Bolivia and Ethiopia whose work you will manage.
Some of our teams are still working with manual testing frameworks, so one of your main goals will be to bring in best practices for automation and help convert to an automation framework.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Design, implement and manage the overall strategy for the Quality Assurance team.
* Scope and manage the manual and automation effort with a focus on repeatable and efficient testing.
* Create, measure, and report out key metrics for the performance of the QA team, as well as the quality and health of the various product lines.
* Leverage resources to ensure adequate test coverage and establish best practices.
* Lead multiple QA teams on the implementation of test strategies and set the team up for the future by bringingprogressive testing concepts to our organization that focus on efficiency.
* Lead the design and implementation of testing frameworks, test infrastructure and tools to perform full end-to-end testing of our software products.
* Own the QA defect processes and documentation and ensure that a standard process is being followed across the organization, and that proper tooling and reporting are in place.
* Act as a player/coach and bring leadership and guidance to the quality team across all facets of manual and automated testing efforts.
* Collaborate with Development, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to deliver high-quality products and processes.
* Understand business objectives and build alignment and buy-in across functional teams.
* Motivate all team members to deliver high-quality projects within committed time and budget.
* Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
TO BE A GOOD FIT FOR THE QA MANAGER OPPORTUNITY, YOU WILL HAVE:
* 2+ years of QA Engineering management or team lead experience, ideally including experience transforming manual testing teams to high efficiency, automation-centric software QA teams
* 3+ years of experience with performance testing and benchmarking
* 2+ years of working knowledge building out automation frameworks within enterprise QA including:
* Knowledge of best practices for building, maintaining and retiring test cases and frameworks
* Experience overseeing and directing the development of new test frameworks and applications to ensure the implementation of automated test solutions
* Experience with Agile Scrum methodology
* Experience across the full software development life cycle, from conception, design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery, and maintenance
* Experience providing and/or reviewing time estimates, technical recommendations, and proposed test solutions based on technical and business requirements
* Knowledge of how to mitigate risk and escalate to technology leadership
OUR CLIENT OFFERS:
* Professional development
* Intriguing projects
* A space where you can make a difference
* Good Work/Life balance
* A comprehensive benefits that include medical, dental, and vision insurance; retirement savings plans; paid time off and more.
REASONS TO JOIN:
* You will be working in a stable, multinationalcompany located in Montreal working with the latest technologies. * You will have the opportunity of self development while working in a flexible schedule while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
SEND US YOUR CV BY APPLYING ON THIS PAGE.
The provision of personal data by you is fully voluntary and the basis for their processing is your consent.
We have prepared some necessary information, you can find in document: "Information regarding the processing of your personal data" [http://www.sowelo.eu/candidates/personal-data-information/].
There you will find how your Personal Data is being processed and what your rights are in connection to this.