General Duties And Responsibilities
- Assume overall technical, financial, and administrative leadership of the Activity, ensuring that all tasks are implemented effectively and that all deliverables are submitted on time, within budget, and in compliance with applicable United States Government (USG) regulations and ECODIT policies;
- Identify and execute strategies to build viable relationships with key stakeholders, including USAID, the private sector, civil society, beneficiaries; and other important actors throughout the energy, utility and/or power sector (both in Armenia and throughout Eastern European/South Caucasus region);
- Liaise regularly with USAID to ensure the timely production and submission of annual workplans, progress reports, monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) plans, and other key deliverables;
- Work with the ECODIT Home Office to coordinate technical and editorial review of project deliverables prior to submission to USAID;
- Supervise a mix of long-term and short-term technical staff, subcontractors and consultants, and;
- Provide technical services for one or more project activities, and perform other tasks and duties as necessary for the success of the project.
- An MBA or Masters’ Degree in International Development, Economics, Public Policy, Public Administration, Energy, Engineering, Sustainability, or a related degree;
- A minimum of ten years’ experience leading and/or supporting long term, donor-funded energy projects (preferably in Armenia, the South Caucasus or Eastern Europe);
- Prior experience leading complex teams with the ability to delegate authority as needed to enhance project performance;
- A track record for establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with a wide range of partners and stakeholders in an international development context, and;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong understanding of at least one of the following technical areas: renewable /clean energy development; energy efficiency; energy markets; policy, legal and regulatory affairs, or a related area;
- Ability and willingness to live and work in Armenia;
- Experience working on USAID-funded contracts preferred;
- Knowledge and understanding of Eastern Partnership framework and EU Energy Directives
- Knowledge and understanding of USAID’s Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Strategy
- Demonstrable understanding experience engaging the private sector in development projects;
- Proven experience rapidly assembling and/or managing diverse teams to effectively execute tasks;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, and;
- Written and verbal fluency in Armenian, Greek, Russian, Kurdish, or another relevant language is highly desirable.
To apply, please send a cover letter and updated resume/CV in English through the “Our Jobs” section of the ECODIT website.
Please note that positions are contingent upon contract award.
Applications will be received and reviewed on a rolling basis.
Applicants who fail to meet the application criteria may be disqualified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.